European Commission has issued several Directives that invoke information and consultation:
- Directive 75/129 on mass redundancies
- Directive 92/56 on mass redundancies
- Directive 98/59 on mass redundancies
- Directive 98/50 on safeguarding of employees’ rights in the event of transfers of undertakings,businesses or parts of businesses
- Directive 94/45/EC on the establishment of European Works Councils (EWCs)
- Recast Directive 2009/38 on European Works Councils
- Directive 2001/23 on transfers of undertakings
- Directive 2001/86 on worker involvement in the European company SE
- Directive 2002/14 on information and consultation
All these Directives have been transposed to member States’ national Law. This is also true for countries that have joined the EU at a later stage. National Law is very important as far as application of Directives is concerned.
There are differences between member States as far as the provisions of national Law are concerned.
Main Directive for information and consultation at national level is Directive 2002/14.
Di seguito è possibile scaricare i report nazionali: